Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Three Days of Love

One of the things I love about the internet is when people organize something that capitalizes on the common good. One of those things that has come to my attention recently is the campaign "Three Days of Love."

This is a campaign to get people to commit to being kind and loving on December 20th, 21st and 22nd of this year. Since I am doing my research and thesis for my MLS program on love, this is the kind of thing I like to examine.

The quality or phenomenon of love is interesting because it is one of the most powerful forces in our lives, yet we neglect training and examination of it as such. We assume everyone knows about love automatically. But stop and think... what is love, really?

This campaign is going forward with the notion that love and kindness are linked. I believe that is good enough to generate a feeling of connection and to bring the idea of love into consciousness. One thing that I have learned is that talking about love seems to generate loving feelings - even though love itself is more than just a sentiment.

I also noticed that Barack Obama referred to love as one of the responsibilities we have as citizens in a free democracy. The quote took me by surprise, but encouraged me to keep studying love.

No comments:

Post a Comment